Established in 2010 at Can Pack Romania and the European Aluminium Association initiative, Alucro is the only NGO in the country to develop green projects, by means of which it exclusively promotes selective collection and recycling of aluminium cans. Since 2012, we hold the license of the European program Every Can Counts, which is currently being developed in 15 countries.
At present, Alucro portfolio records projects that have proven to make a difference in the community in which they operate. The implemented projects have made a major contribution to increasing awareness and recycling of aluminium cans and have also created a positive behavioural change, thus contributing to an increase in the rate of aluminium cans recycling.
Our objectives are:
- Informing, educating and empowering a large segment of the population as possible about the collection and recycling of aluminium cans;
- Collaborating with all public and private sector collectors to promote aluminium cans recycling actions;
- Organizing and participating in public events, festivals, concerts to promote selective cans collection for recycling;
- Implementing and developing an active educational program in schools, with the support of county school inspectorates, focusing on the collection and recycling of aluminium cans;
- Organizing campaigns at regular intervals within companies;
- Concluding partnerships with organizations and companies in order to develop and extend the activity of collecting and recycling aluminium cans.